大学网站有你想看的世界大学网址网。
当前位置:大学网站 » 站长资讯 » 学习英语 » 诗歌散文 » 资讯详细 订阅RssFeed

选择热点

泰戈尔新月集 第27期:小大人 THE LITTLE BIG MAN

发布时间:2025-01-06

来源:大学网站

新月集  (The Crescent Moon,1903)是印度诗人、作家泰戈尔创作的诗集,主要译自1903年出版的孟加拉文诗集 儿童集 ,也有的是用英文直接创作的。

诗集里着力描绘的是一个个天真可爱的儿童。

诗人塑造了一批神形兼备、熠熠闪光的天使般的儿童艺术形象。

27 小大人 THE LITTLE BIG MANI AM small because I am a little child.

I shall be big when I am as old as my father is.

我人很小,因为我是一个小孩子,到了我像爸爸一样年纪时,便要变大了。

My teacher will come and say, "It is late, bring your slate and your books.

"我的先生要是走来说道:时候晚了,把你的石板,你的书拿来。

”I shall tell him, "Do you not know I am as big as father?

And I must not have lessons any more.

"我便要告诉他道:你不知道我已经同爸爸一样大了么?

我决不再学什么功课了。

”My master will wonder and say, "He can leave his books if he likes, for he is grown up.

"我的老师便将惊异地说道:他读书不读书可以随便,因为他是大人了。

”I shall dress myself and walk to the fair where the crowd is thick.

我将自己穿了衣裳,走到人群拥挤的市场里去。

My uncle will come rushing up to me and say, "You will get lost, my boy; let me carry you.

"我的叔叔要是跑过来说道:你要迷路了,我的孩子,让我领着你罢。

”I shall answer, "Can't you see, uncle, I am as big as father.

I must go to the fair alone.

"我便要回答道:你没有看见么,叔叔,我已经同爸爸一样大了?

我决定要独自一个人到市场里去。

”Uncle will say, "Yes, he can go wherever he likes, for he is grown up.

"叔叔便将说道:是的,他随便到哪里去都可以,因为他是大人了。

”Mother will come from her bath when I am giving money to my nurse, for I shall know how to open the box with my key.

当我正拿钱给我保姆时,妈妈便要从浴室中出来,因为我是知道怎样用我的钥匙去开银箱的。

Mother will say, "What are you about, naughty child?

"妈妈要是说道:你在做什么呀,顽皮的孩子?

”I shall tell her, "Mother, don't you know, I am as big as father, and I must give silver to my nurse.

"我便要告诉她道:妈妈,你不知道我已经同爸爸一样大了么?

我必须拿钱给保姆。

”Mother will say to herself, "He can give money to whom he likes, for he is grown up.

"妈妈便将自言自语道:他可以随便把钱给他所喜欢的人,因为他是大人了。

”In the holiday time in October father will come home and, thinking that I am still a baby, will bring for me from the town little shoes and small silken frocks.

当十月里放假的时候,爸爸将要回家,他会以为我还是一个小孩子,为我从城里带了小鞋子和小绸衫来。

I shall say, "Father, give them to my d?

d?

[elder brother], for I am as big as you are.

"我便要说道:爸爸,把这些东西给哥哥罢,因为我已经同你一样大了。

”Father will think and say, "He can buy his own clothes if he likes, for he is grown up.

"爸爸便将想了一想,说道;他可以随便去买他自己穿的衣裳,因为他是大人了。

”【泰戈尔新月集 第27期:小大人 THE LITTLE BIG MAN查看网站:[db:时间]】

0条评论

网友评论

温馨提示:您的评论需要经过审核才能显示,请文明发言!