大学网站有你想看的世界大学网址网。
当前位置:大学网站 » 站长资讯 » 学习英语 » 寓言故事 » 资讯详细 订阅RssFeed

选择热点

[双语]中国寓言故事:自知之明

发布时间:2025-01-06

来源:大学网站

寓言故事是很多老师都推荐的课外读物,在读英语寓言故事的时候不仅能够提升自己的英语成绩,还能让自己充实中外见闻,不愧是英语学习的绝佳推荐。

下面是小编整理的关于中国寓言故事:自知之明的资料,希望这篇寓言故事你会喜欢!

In ancient times a man named Zou Ji, 8 chi tall and impressive looking, had served as the prime minister of the State of Qi.

古代齐国有个人名叫邹忌,身高八尺,相貌堂堂,曾经做过齐国的相国。

One morning, he tidied his clothes and hat, looked into the mirror, and asked his wife:一天早晨,他整整衣服帽子,照照镜子,问妻子:"Look, who is more handsome, Xu Gong living in the north of the city or I?

"“你看,我跟住在城北的徐公比,谁长得漂亮?

”His wife replied: "You are far more handsome.

Xu Gong is no match for you!

"妻子回答说: “你漂亮多了。

徐公哪里比得上你呢!

Xu Gong of the north of the city was a well-known handsome man in the State of Qi.

城北的徐公,是齐国有名的美男子。

Zou Ji really didn't believe he was more handsome than Xu Gong.

So he asked his concubine:邹忌真的不相信自己比徐公长得漂亮。

于是,又问他的妾说:"Look, who is more handsome, Xu Gong or I?

"“你看,我同徐公比,哪个漂亮些?

”His concubine also said: "Xu Gong is no match for you!

"妾也说: “徐公怎么比得上你漂亮呢?

”The next day, a guest came to discuss some matter with him.

第二天,有个客人来找他,跟他商谈一件事情。

Zou Ji asked his guest the same question: "Who is more handsome, Xu Gong or I?

"邹忌又问客人说: “我与徐公谁长得美呢?

”The guest answered positively: "Xu Gong is not as handsome as you.

"客人肯定地回答说: “徐公不如你美。

”Another day passed and Zou Ji met Xu Gong in person.

又过了一天,邹忌见到了徐公。

He stared closely at the other for some time and carefully compared him with himself.

他紧紧地盯着他看了一阵,又把自己和他仔细地比较了一番。

He really couldn't see that he was more handsome than Xu Gong.

实在看不出自己比徐公漂亮。

Later, he again looked into the mirror.

后来,再去照照镜子。

The more he looked at himself, the more he felt he was not as handsome as Xu Gong.

越看越觉得自己不及徐公。

Zou Ji was rather restless in his mind.

邹忌心里很不平静。

At night, lying on the bed, he pondered: He was not as handsome as Xu Gong, but why did these three persons say he was more handsome?

晚上,他躺在床上,想来想去,自己本来不及徐公,为什么这三个人都说自己美呢?

In the end, he came to understand the reason: "My wife says I am handsome because she shows favouritism to me.

最后,他终于明白了:“妻子说我漂亮,是因为偏爱我。

My concubine says I am handsome because she is afraid of me.

妾说我漂亮,是因为怕我。

My guest says I am handsome because he wants to curry my favour.

"客人说我漂亮,是因为有意讨好我。

”【[双语]中国寓言故事:自知之明查看网站:[db:时间]】

0条评论

网友评论

温馨提示:您的评论需要经过审核才能显示,请文明发言!